Install Woes with F25

I've had multiple failed installs on a brand new Dell XPS 8900 today.

During the boot from bootable thumb drive, several hundred messages of the following ilk showed up:

[nn] printk messages dropped [timestamp] pcieport 0000:00:1c.0 PCIebus Error: severity: corrected, type=physical layer, id.00e0 (Receiver ID)

Finally, after a couple of minutes of these messages, the installer came up.

I reached the 'create-a-user' stage (language, keyboard, filesystems, root password had been filled in.) The install stalled on the create-user screen after I entered just one letter of the user's name in the box. That is, the screen would not take any other input. Mouse cursor was still active and I could access other features of the live environment--e.g., open a terminal.

After 20 minutes or so, a pop-up message stating the Anaconda installer was not responding, wait/exit. Probably shouldn't have, but I clicked exit, then tried to restart the install-to-disk process. This generated a message about an existing anaconda.pid file.

So, I rebooted it to try again. Now the above-referenced messages (or ones very similar to them) display indefinitely (I waited over half an hour). The installer never starts. (I tried both F25 and F24 install media, with the same results.)

My WAG is that the filesystem creations had not completed by the time the Anaconda-is-not-responding pop-up appeared. (Disk is 1TB, and I told it to delete with Windows partitions.) Possibly, exiting instead of waiting left one or more filesystems in some unusable (read-only?) state.

This tends to be confirmed by attempting to boot from Windows 10 DVD, which reports it can't find required partitions to "reset the PC."

Can someone provide recipe for booting F25 single user and doing something to restore sanity to the filesystems, or just clean up the mess so I can try the install again? At this point, with neither a working Fedora nor any Windows, the system is without an OS.

Thanks.
--
Tim Evans			|5 Chestnut Court
443-394-3864			|Owings Mills, MD 21117