Re: Themes Under Gnome

On 10/11/2016 05:10 PM, Stephen Morris wrote:
On 12/10/16 03:14, Bryon Adams wrote:

Hi,

    I can't see anywhere within Gnome Settings or Gnome Tweak Tool an
option that allows me to set the global system theme nor the global
colour scheme, plus the ability to view what each of these will look
like and to be able to fine tune them if necessary. Is this
functionality just not available under Gnome like it is under KDE?

regards,

Steve

>>> On 10/10/16 11:15, Bryon Adams wrote:
Hello,
    The only theming I know of is donein the appearance tab (top one)
in Gnome Tweak Tool. You will have to download other themes and unpack
them to the appropriate directory if they don't offer an installer (I
use Arc which does offer onethrough DNF). If you want to edit the
themes, such as change a colour, you will need to dig into the CSS and
change it that way. I believe KDE is a bit more tweakable out of the
box though, I haven't used it in a while but it was, in my opinion,
much easier to change these sorts of things.

Thanks,
Bryon
Thanks for your response Bryon. I looked in the appearance tab in Gnome
Tweak Tool, but the only theme setting is for GTK, not Gnome as
such. It
also doesn't provide any method of viewing what the available themes
look like so that one can choose which one looks the best for the
individual user. The same also applies to the icon themes and cursor
themes. I also want to do things like set the title bar background to
purple and the text to white, but the Colour settings in Gnome Settings
only set monitor and printer profiles, not the system colour scheme for
all window components like KDE does, which was one of the reasons I
originally moved away from Gnome.
I'm looking at Gnome again because I don't like the wire frame icons on
the KDE Launcher and the boot shutdown prompt that are now being shown
with F24.

regards,
Steve