Re: starwars

On Mon, 5 Sep 2016, François Patte wrote:

Bonjour,

I would like to create a scrolling text like at the beginning of the
Lucas' film starwars.

On the internet, I can find some ubuntu starwars program, but I am
unable to find it for fedora (or find the source code).

Does anyone know some program to produce such a scrolling text under linux?

Thank you.

If you mean simply to create an animation like that, and not some
integrated-into-the-desktop thing, then the default answer in the open
source linux world is almost alwasy "Blender."

See, for instance, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiSMEbNIPtc

Here's the Blender site:

https://www.blender.org/

You can either download it an run it from your home directory or install
it using dnf.  I usually do the former because I like having the very
latest version and there's often a teensy delay in upgrading it in the
repositories.  Not much of one, but I'm a Blender junkie.

Be aware that Blender is like most high-powered modeling animation
packages -- it has a nontrivial learning curve.  The up side is that
once you've done the work for that learning curve, you can do all sorts
of cool stuff with much less marginal effort.

I use Blender for forensic animations.  For a simple rotating body with
an arrow through it, it took me about two hours to get it work right.
However, from that point on, each *different* similar animation only
took about 5 minutes.

And, for Star Wars, obligatory hat tip to:

% telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl

billo