Re: Strange messages from sudo dnf repoquery --unsatisfied after upgrade from F23 to F24.

On 07/07/16 09:49, Ed Greshko wrote:

On 07/07/16 06:10, Stephen Morris wrote:
Thanks Ed. I issued the command and got back Packager: None.
I then tried the same command on a package that I know only exists in the Negativo17
repositories and that gave the same response of Packager : None.
Another option...

dnf info kmod-nvidia
Thanks Ed, I tried that command and it did tell me that it was indeed installed and which repository it came from. I then tried a dnf info kmod-nvidia* which showed me all the associated packages from the Negativo17 and Rpmfusion repositories. It also told me that the kmod-nvidia-$(uname -r) packages were installed and came from repository @commandline, which I assume means they were compiled, which surprised me because I thought the purpose of the kmod-nvidia metadata package was to pull in and install the pre-compiled nvidia binary packages matching the kernel, is that not correct?

I also thought the akmod-nvidia package was in both the Negativo17 and Rpmfusion repositories, but when I issue 'dnf info akmod-nvidia' it only shows me information relative the installed version that came from the Negativo17 repository. Shouldn't it have told me that there was an installed version that came from the Negativo17 repository and an uninstalled version in the Rpmfusion repository?

Just relative to the 2nd message in my original thread, isn't that message for the standard F24 kernel, saying that it has an unsatisfiable dependency on the associated kernel-core package? My issue with that is if that is the case, how and why did a 'sudo dnf upgrade' issued the day after the upgrade install that kernel, because I believe the missing dependency should have stopped it from being installed, or am I missing something?

regards,
Steve