Re: The burn tool Brasero in F24 needs extremly long time until it is completely started and it's desktop window appers.

Joachim Backes:
>> Starting brasero in F24 takes about 40 (fourty!!) seconds until it's window appears on
>> the screen. Until this moment, one CPU is completely busy (100%). Starting it a second
>> time, the startup time is shorter and takes only about 1 sec.

Is it going through discovering hardware and capabilities, or is it just

I remember one of mine being very slow on the very first run of the
program, for that kind of reason (old system installation, though).
Always wanted to interrogate the hardware, and had to find it, first,
too.

Ed Greshko:
> Takes about 20 seconds on a very old laptop.  Everything is slow to start on this
> system....so it seems normal to me.  I started it from a KDE session on the konsole
> command line.
>
> It started much faster the second time.  I guess needed libs were not flushed.

I am curious at why things are so slow with that kind of thing.  My
first real personal computer was a 16 MHz CPU, my current one is about 2
GHz, and is not proportionally faster.  Lots of these library files are
only small things, so I don't lay the blame just on hard drive speed,
yet you try to run any big program and you spend an annoying amount of
time looking at some loading screen before you can use it.  LibreOffice
and Gimp come to mind.

> (Cat jumped on keyboard to prematurely send the previous message.)

Need to pipe output of cat through confirmation prompt, perhaps a
catpcha...   ;-)

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages

I'd just like to say that vinyl record crackles and pops are far less
annoying than digigigigital mu-u-u-u-usic hiccicicicups and