Re: [Fedora] android & fedora 23 & thunar

On 05/08/2016 01:21 PM, Walter Cazzola wrote:
Hi,
I think you are trying to connect via the USB cable right? I don't have
an android tablet but I've a phone and since I updated the OS to
lollipop I lost the capacity to write on the device from my fedora.

Something has changed or a bug is arisen with the new version I don't
know but simple-mtpfs doesn't work anymore. I didn't try with
marshmallow yet.

I transfer my files through Bluetooth (I use bluez). You can also give a
try to KDEconnect but it never worked for me as well (it can't see my
phone).

This is a change in the security model of Android and has "broken" tons
of applications. In kitkat, apps are limited to writing to their own directories and not to any other apps' directories. Incredibly stupid
decision, IMHO. I never agreed with the change. It's my device, let me
put data where I want. You can move stuff around using the file manager,
but you absolutely should NOT have to do that.

Supposedly this is being relaxed in Android V5 and things should get better, but I'm really starting to hate Apple and Google.