Windows 10 virt-manager access Samba server

computer1 = Fedora 23 Server, running samba-4.3.6
computer2 =Fedora 23 Workstation, virt-manager VM Windows 10

computer2 happens to be a Mac, and whether Fedora or OS X I can share
files just fine from the Samba server. UI wise both Fedora and OS X
are about as brain dead simple as it gets, which is what I expect in
the modern era.

Files > Other Locations > Windows Network > COLOR > F23S

Where COLOR is the workgroup set in the samba server's smb.conf and
F23S is the hostname. OS X doesn't seem to care about workgroup at
all, I never even see the word COLOR when I connect. But in any case
both of those OS's work.

Windows 10 in a VM, virt-manager running on Fedora 23 Workstation is
revisiting misery. It sees only itself in the Explorer under Network.
I read elsewhere the workgroups need to match among Windows machines,
so I change workgroup from WORKGROUP to COLOR. And f'n wow, really, in
2016 I have to reboot Windows 10 for network changes to take effect?
Stunning. So the VM comes up and it still doesn't see the Samba
server, and meanwhile Fedora Workstation can't either. Shutdown the
VM, Fedora Workstation can see the samba server again. Boot up the VM,
now it's gone.

So I change the workgroup in Windows 10 to DUNG, and reboot. Fedora
Worktstation can now see the Samba server whether the Windows 10 VM is
running or not.

But that ultimately doesn't fix the problem, I still can't see the
Samba server from the Windows 10 VM. Should this work? At this point
I'm just curious if it should work and can be made to work. But as a
work around I'm already likely to just setup httpd on the server and
copy the file over, fully into the VM which is what I was hoping to
avoid. But nothing is worth this kind of hassle.

--
Chris Murphy