Re: dns question??

Per mike, and others.

If I understand. I can purchase a domain name "foo.com" I can then use
that name to have sub domains, which can then be applied to the
"boxes" within the internal network. I'm assuming that there's no
additional charge to use the "sub domains" but that these domains can
then be applied to the target instances/boxes of a digitialocean,
mapped to the ip address of the actual instance as defined when the
droplet/vm is created.

So as an example
I could buy foo.com

name                   ip address
foo.com               1.2.3.4
nfs.foo.com          1.2.3.5
mysql.foo.com      1.2.3.6
app1.foo.com        1.2.3.7

etc... (there would be a bunch more)

with the name/mapping performed via dns of something like a cloudflare..

Is this getting close to being correct?

Thanks guys..

ps. once I get this nailed down, the process will be to auto spin up a
given instance, as well as to perform the dns updates, to create
additional instances to perform the testing for the overall project.

At that point, I'll look into chef/puppet/ansible/shell scripts/etc to
ease the process..