Re: F23 on Raspberry Pi 2

On 12/24/15 07:37, Suvayu Ali wrote:
>You "have a booting F23 system," do you have a usable desktop display? I
>have followed the jonarcher procedure several times but always wind up with
>a nice XFCE desktop display but no keyboard or mouse control, it just does
>nothing at that point. I have been trying each time I see something
>encouraging written about it but without success and have pretty much given
>up hope for the RPI2b and Fedora ...
I am using the minimal image, so no, I do not have a desktop.  But I do
have a working keyboard and ethernet.
.

The minimal image was the first thing I tried and that worked well enough so then I a "more complete" install and that's where my problems began ...
   Did firstboot run for you?  If
not, that would explain the issue for you.
.

Not sure about "first boot," it's been a few months since I did anything with it, a birthday gift last April. I even forget if I lat put F22 or 23 on it but it works fine until I enter startxfce or whatever it wants, then as I said I get a nice presentation but can't input anything.

I'm having trouble getting wireless to work though.  I know my adapter
works with the RPi since I have another RPi running OSMC using the same
adapter without issues.  I tested the adapter with my laptop running
F22, that worked nicely.  So I know it also works with Fedora x86_64.
However it fails to work on the RPi with Fedora ARM.  I checked the
respective module is loaded 8192cu, although I do not see any rtlwifi.
Trying to load it with modprobe gives me a module not found error.

It seems to me, the fedora kernel is not running.  Any ideas how I can
get it to run?
.

Doesn't that install procedure substitute another kernel, from Pidora perhaps?

I only used the ethernet connection to my LAN. Don't usually use wireless.

There is an ARM list and it is quite active, mostly the developer/testers.

Bob

Cheers,

-- Suvayu

--