Re: Speaking of black screens

I get it with intel.

I try and login (gdm->gnome w/o wayland) and every once in a while I just get a black/grey screen with the cursor in the middle.   If I wait long enough I craps out with an oops message, next time I login all extensions are disabled.   I figured it's a bug in one of the extensions I use...

1.  Activities Configurator
2.  Caffeine
3.  Clipboard Indicator
4.  Dash to Dock
5. Disconnect WiFi
6.  Hide legacy tray
7.  Open Weather
8.  Refresh wifi connections
9. User themes
10.  Media Player indicator

Or I thought it could be the a theme I am using:
Gtk+ => Next Aurora
Shell theme => Radiance flat collor

Either way, yes I do see something close to what you are experiencing with Fedora 23..

I haven't dug into yet since it only happens to me on a fresh login.  And this is a laptop that rarely sees a fresh login (after a reboot)  .

Now I do seem to be having an issue with the GDM login screen displaying when I login after a sleep.  The user / password  window doesn't display, just the custom pic I set for the login window.   I still just type my password and I can login, but that is a different story for another time.

Next time it happens I get some log output and send it.

Chad