Fedora 22 upgrade breaks amavisd

On Friday, I upgraded my server from Fedora 21 to Fedora 22 using fedup.

This resulted in a number of issues; one of which was that amavisd stopped working due to a raft of PERL errors. Apparently the upgrade from PERL 5.18 to 5.20 which came as part of the Fedora upgrade causes many/most PERL modules to break.

Initially I tried cpan upgrade but this was only partially successful but the error messages suggested installing something - which I did but forgot to write down what it was - that got me a bit further.

At this stage there were a number of PERL modules required by amavisd that had disappeared so needed reinstalling via cpan.

The installation processes went OK until it came to Net::LibIDN.
This module would not install because it claimed that libidn was not installed.
Libidn was installed but apparently the version was not compatible with something (not a problem in 21) so I downloaded the latest source and installed it in/usr/local. This enabled Net::LibIDN to install but there were still a bunch of other modules that had disappeared at some earlier stage. Following the error messages from amavisd startup attempts and installing the required modules eventually got amavisd going again.

I have no idea how to simplify this upgrade. Maybe uninstalling PERL and amavisd then reinstalling might work but after three days of no spam/virus filtering I'm not about to try.

HTH,
Stephen