Re: dnf downloadonly -

On 08/15/15 13:26, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
<<>>

> Yes, thanks for the suggestions. I dnf removed and yumex installed
> again, since dnf from the command line just stopped, I dunno why,
> another problem most likely that I don't want to deal with right now.
.
from what i have been seeing in dnf related post, you might check to
insure that you did not use yum arguments that do not work with dnf. ???

> My real problem is that Viasat/Wildblue are no longer using gmail,
> Google has apparently decided they no longer want to provide that
> service to ISPs. That leaves me with thousands of messages I can't
> seem to transfer between Thunderbird using gmail and Thunderbird
> using wildblue, no matter what I have tried Thunderbird has choked
> on the result.
.
not sure just what you are trying to do???

are you saying that you used gmail.wildblue.net or you used wildblue.net
to get to gmail.com with thunderbird?

> For a long time I have simply done:  rsync -avu
> /home/bobg/.Thunderbird/6gjqb341.default/Mail/* /mnt/HOME1/MAIL to an
> NFS server and reversed the process in the other computers to transfer
> mail and peripheral stuff so all the thunderbirds look identical,
> filters, directories, etc.
.
"HOME1/MAIL" is the nfs server?

> Now Thunderbird configured for "mail.wildblue.net will not accept files
> from the original configured as pop.gmail.com, and that too is probably
> just as well.
.
is "pop.gmail.com" a server that you used browser to join, or is it what
wildblue used?

or, where you using your wildblue account to pull emails from pop.gmail?

> However once I have all the Thunderbird computers in the new configuration
> I will have difficulty reading the old messages should I have need for
> them, I will pretty much have burnt my bridges.
.
pull your emails off the web based email servers and set up your own
archiving server for your emails.

because you are using linux, you can soft link to paths and they will
look like the email folders are on your client drive.

> I could do something but it just seems messy, ideally I would like
> to transfer between the two.
.
transfer locally or transfer between the 2 inet servers?

> There are other disadvantages to the switch away from gmail too but this
> is not the place for that. I have other users on my system and I have
> been busy fixing stuff.
.
what you really need to handle your problem is a hosted web site and set
up your own email server.

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6

tc,hago.