Re: cpu at 99% by firefox

On 08/03/15 23:19, jd1008 wrote:
> My suspicion is that it is not html5.
> I say this because, even though I was cruising youtube,
> I was not playing anything. Furthermore, I used an addon
> to block all ads, so I had no animated ads, nor any ads
> on the pages. So, I am puzzled about what is eating the
> cpu bandwidth. I wish there were away for the user to
> view all the JS directives that FF receives from the web sites
> so we can know exactly what it is doing. We  need to
> able to exercise total control over what the browser is
> doing on behalf the websites we visit.
>
> When I killed FF, cpu usage went down to 2%.

Looking back at the archives you seem to have more problems than you can shake a stick at.

I tried very hard today to get FF into the condition you're reporting and could not.  I went on eBay, YouTube, CNN, mlb.com, NYtimes and a whole bunch of other places.  I had 8 tabs open including Facebook and G+.  No issues.  But, I also don't have any addons or extensions to firefox since that isn't my browser of choice.

In this post you've indicated perceived problems with CPU usage as well as network bandwidth.

For the network bandwidth, you can always use wireshark to see what may be hogging the network.

For the cpu issue, maybe gdb offers some clues.

--
If I wanted a blog or social media I'd go elsewhere