Re: Is Hibernate going to be fixed any time soon?

On 04/17/2015 03:18 PM, jd1008 wrote:

On 04/17/2015 03:05 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
On 04/17/2015 12:55 PM, jd1008 wrote:
Would appreciate some timelines on this problem.

If you've filed a BZ on it, there should be activity on that entry.
Sorry Rick,
I must not be the only one experiencing this problem.
I am certain many others are having the same problem.
My exprience with filing bugs with bugzilla.redhat.com
and with bugzilla.kernel.com (upstream) has been very
unrewarding and unproductive, and problems I report
have largely gone unresolved or dismissed as either
will not fix, insufficient information, or unreproducible,
or duplicates of some other bugs files long before I files mine.
When I read the supposed bug for which mine was deemed
a duplicate, I have seen the problem is not what I
was reporting or was only slightly similar, with different
symptoms and side effects.
So, I have gotten very weary of this B*11**it.

Did you update YOUR BZ to state that the symptoms and side effects were
different than the one they referred to? Keep in mind that there are
different people triaging BZs than those who actually do the work
fixing things and the triagers may have just looked at the description
superficially and marked it "duplicate". They do get a LOT of duplicate
reports, after all.

You could also post over on the fedora-devel list. Make sure you tell
them that you BZ'd it and it was blown off as a dupe when it really
isn't.