gdm -- failure - or corrupted - Re: fedora 21 -- 2 different gpu --bmc/ipmi ASPEED -- Nvidia GTX760-- how to select primary

Update:

I tested the fedora OS disk by removing the disk physically and connecting it to a completely different desktop, a dell with on-cpu graphics. I edited the video drivers and discovered that the Gnome gdm desktop manager continues to produce the same problem. I tested the Lightdm and kdm desktop managers and they are both working properly. I then placed the disk back in the X10SRA-F system and it is working correctly with the nvidia driver installed and using either the kdm or lightdm desktop managers. It is not clear why the gdm fails but I did find via google search that others have experienced this similar software problem with gdm. The X10SRA-F does not seem to cause any problem.

I tried to reinstall gdm, yum reinstall gdm, but this did not make an difference.

Kevin