Re: Fedora 21: Cannot scan to EPSON WF-2540

>>> http://download.ebz.epson.net/faq/linux/faq_ls_00002.html
>>> http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/?OSC=LX
>>>

>> Hello all,
>>
>>    I followed the steps given by poma without any errors or problems.
>> Same
>> result, skanlite doesn't even attempt to look for the Epson via the
>> network (as verified by tcpdump). Note that it IS there because my
>> Fedora 14 system sees it.
>>

> FAQ - Linux - Scanner
> http://download.ebz.epson.net/faq/linux/scanner.html
>
>     How do I set up and use the network plugin to scan via the network?
>     http://download.ebz.epson.net/faq/linux/faq_ls_00007.html
>
> Sane - For Epson hardware
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/sane#For_Epson_hardware
>

> With the above mentioned settings, is it does it via 'iscan'?

  Success! Well at least I think so, I'm scared to try another scan for
fear it will screw up again. Here are some details:

 - When I followed the steps above the scanner worked, but ONLY with iscan.

 - The sane-find-scanner program doesn't even look for the scanner.

 -  skanlite now finds it, displays the panel showing what is found, and
then immediately shows a dialog saying "Opening the selected scanner
failed". Of course you can't actually see what device it's trying to use
because that info goes away too fast to read. I'll assume there's a
REALLY GOOD technical reason for that (or an option I don't know about).

 - I made some mistakes too. I had put an original copy of dll.conf in my
/temp directory, and was running skanlite from there. Oops, Bad Jim! I
noticed with strace that it was reading that one (instead of in
/etc/sane.d). I don't normally do stupid things like that, but when I do

 - I still had tcpdump going when this finally worked. On my previous 9000
attempts it just sat there, so when it started spewing out packets I must
have jumped 2 feet out of my chair.

   I am going to clean up my notes and put out a detailed account of how I
got this to work. Thanks to everyone for their help, I hope to return
the favor very soon. I should have joined this group a long time ago.

Jim Lewis