Network problem. Is this a fedora issue?

I'm trying to figure out a networking issue, and I can't tell if it is a fedora thing or not.  Here's the issue:

I work at a place where the wired network has very strict security.  One can go to very few web pages, one has very limited access to applications, every box has a keystroke logger, etc.  In order to accommodate folk who now rely on web access for their daily lives, there is *also* an essentially open wireless system.  Thus, if you want to come to work and browse USAToday.com on your break, you bring in your tablet or laptop, hook up to the wireless and go.

Frankly, I think it's a brilliant solution for some of the security issues, because it allows people who want access to have it -- just not on the secure network.

Over the past few weeks, basically since I moved to Fedora21, there are extended periods where I simply cannot get to web pages using http.  Things will work fine for hours, and then stop for hours, and then come back up.

During that time, however, *other* connectivity using the wireless network is fine.  So, what I've been driven to do is hook up with an offsite server I own using VNC, and then use the browser on that machine using vncviewer.  That, oddly, works fine, and bandwidth is good enough to drive a 1900x600 screen with minimal lag.

Calls to the IT department get the usual "We aren't noticing anything, but with the wireless network you are on your own.  Anyway, we don't support linux."

Is this, or something like it, anything that's been reported as a problem with fedora?  Frankly, my suspicion is that they are throttling http traffic -- this tends to happen around noon when all the secretaries are streaming their favorite TV shows... Polling the other staff has been inconsistent.  A few have said they have problems when I do, most do not.

billo