Re: XBMC Missing NFS Support

On 10/24/2014 12:07 AM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
On 10/22/2014 05:04 PM, Stephen Morris wrote:
Hi Michael,
Thankyou for your response. I do have the share mounted and XBMC doesn't present that either. It presents every mount point I have except that one.

You will need to navigate to that mount point. Start at root (/) and navigate down your tree. XBMC does not need any special support to see your mounted shares. The NFS support you are asking for is to access the shares without mounting.
Sorry, what I was referring to was, when I select Vidoes->Files->Add Video Source, and then select Browse in the dialog popped up, to add a new share point as the source, the resultant dialog has an entry for every mount point I have except the nfs mount point. Besides my nfs share, I have 3 mount points for fedora partitions, 3 mount points for Ubuntu partitions, and, 3 mount points for Windows partitions, and the navigation listed above shows all 9 of those mount points as well as normal 'root filesystem' and samba etc. I can navigate to the nfs mount point using 'Root filesystem', but why should I have to when it is already mounted? I would expect it to behave like all the other mount points and be listed as a mount selection. As a side issue, XBMC/KODI for Android also show usb ports in its selection list as they are mount points under /mnt, will XBMC for Fedora not show any usb ports until something is mounted on them, and as Fedora mounts usb devices under /run/media, will XBMC detect those or only detect them if mounted under /mnt?

regards,
Steve

begin:vcard
fn:Stephen Morris