Re: Convert MP4 video file to Image file

Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:
Am 02.09.2014 19:07, schrieb Mickey:

On 09/02/2014 12:55 PM, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
On Tuesday, September 02, 2014 12:50:44 PM Mickey wrote:
Yes a Video DVD
You can do that directly from K3b. Google "k3b video dvd" should get you
plenty of help.

In K3B I selected DVD video project and K3B gave me a Error message
"Could not determine size of resulting image file"

the file i submitted is video.mp4 file.

Into a K3b video-dvd project, you cant't submit a video.mp4 file directly (I
maybe corrected). K3b expects the transcoded VOB, IFO, BUP, ... files in its
VIDEO_TS directory.

So again, I recommend dvdstyler, which is not difficult to handle if you don't
need complicated stuff like titles and menues in your dvd. Just start a new
project, drop in your mp4 and click the burn button.
There you'll find an option to create an iso file for your video dvd.

I haven't needed titles, but menus and submenus are well supported. I grab recipes from various TV cooking shows, and save until they add up to enough to put on a DVD. I have a main (start) menu which points to submenus, like Italian, Mexican, Snacks, Slow cooker, Beef, White meats, Spicy, etc. Not surprisingly some recipes fall into multiple categories, and appear on multiple menus. This works fine, one copy of the video, multiple links from multiple menus.

I usually have room to add the error recovery stuff, costs me nothing to add, might save digging out a backup copy some day. So dvdstyler will handle a reasonable amount of menu complexity, and will accept as input a number of file formats, I think including mp4, although I have none handy to check my memory.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>