Re: F20 + Old but unused hardware continually core dumps

People,

See inline responses to three replies:

Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 17:22:23 +0930
From: Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Sun, 2014-08-31 at 14:12 +1000, Philip Rhoades wrote:
It sort of looks like a RAM problem to me but ALL the SIMMS can't be
faulty

Well, they can...  When it comes to recycling, all bets are off,
particularly if nobody took anti-static precautions while handling the
parts.

I haven't had that sort of bad SIMM frequency before but it is possible I guess . .

But, for the sake of a simple thing to try, I'd try cleaning the
contacts in the RAM sockets, and the on the RAM sticks, with electrical
contact cleaner and lubricant.  Likewise, for other plug-in cards.

OK, I will try that when I am on site again in a week or so.

If you have another power supply to try, substitute it.

Yep, did that with a new (current) PS - crashed on bootup . .

Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 10:48:37 +0200
From: Ralf Corsepius <rc040203@xxxxxxxxxx>