Re: Command line for creating partitions

On 07Aug2014 16:29, Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 08/07/2014 03:13 PM, Joachim Backes wrote:
have a look at /sbin/cfdisk

OK.  One more to study.  I was also told about gdisk.

But all of these are command menu programs. Not one-liners. The nice 'one-liners' in kckstart files are just commands to anaconda, it seems. No such program and 'clearpart' or 'part'. Though I suppose I could deal with a program that read a command file of such commands.

We have used sfdisk for a long time for cloning partition tables from one drive to another.

That cloning is done by dumping the table and then reading the dump. But that means that there is a dump format to sfdisk's output, and you can just craft the right input.

Definitely purely command line.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tomkin Coleman (tcolema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
| Well, yes, get the bike but BEWARE!!
| At first, you will just want to get, like, a 250 Rebel, just for commuting
| and maybe a little fun, but you will wind up buying a 550, (just in case you
| want to tour), and then you will stop paying any attention to the theatre
| company you are working with and the graduate school you are attending, and
| then you will spend all your summers touring and riding around with your
| newfound biking buddies, and then you will find that you have got a real job
| just so you can buy the bike of your dreams and pretty soon you will find
| that your entire life has centered around your monster bike and you can only
| date women who love bikes and hang with buddies who love bikes and work at a
| job that supports your lifestyle and you will be incredibly happy, but always
| very greasy.
Shhhh!  The meaning of life is supposed to be a SECRET!   :-)
- Bob Larson..DoD#1711..bobl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx..1994 Suzuki RF600R