Re: Fedora features enquire and requirements

Hi  Rahul
Can thoroughly recommend Fedora or Ubuntu, we use both. If you choose Ubuntu then opt for the LTS (long term support) version.

I don't know if this will help but for such a task as you describe below  but you may wish to look into using Drupal 7 which with a little learning time is very capable of meeting your requirements. Drupal  is a content management system built with php and mostly does not need programming to get up and running. We use it on our sites. I'm currently developing a complex taxonomy data system in Drupal.

What you describe below seems to fit well with Drupal. There are other content management systems but Drupal is by far the best and I find, the most secure. Support is exemplary and video tutorials are great.

Another choice could be Ruby on Rails. Rails is a framework for setting up a content management system. I find the Ruby and Rails language much easier and less arcane than php but there is a significant learning curve. I have set up a couple sites and am still learning. Video tutorials are great but support seems to be via StackOverflow.

Cheers
Roger

Hi Team,

As one of the best digital library software we want to implement Fedora  for setting up digital library for our organization. However before starting I would like to know about a few features of Fedora which are essential parts of our requirements for setting up a library . Kindly clarify on below points.

  Repository of  data having search functionality by title, keywords, meta tags and author

  Functionality to set roles of users with specified permission and set rules to access/edit/delete the content

  Storage and retrieval of long-term commitments content facilitate decision – making

  Data Storage of all data types (Documents,  graphics, media,  flash, source files, illustrator and vector files, etc.)

  Data can be accessed through internet and intranet

  Round the clock availability of information which accelerates any process

Please find our Annual Report for financial year 2012-13 : http://www.akshayapatra.org/annual-report-2013/index.html

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul Samaria

Web Administrator
The Akshaya Patra Foundation
Bangalore

080 30143400 Ext: 379

www.akshayapatra.org

Follows us @  Description: youtube_icon_medium Description: facebook-icon Description: twitter Description: googleplus-icon Description: 3icon_linkedin Description: Pinterest-Buttons-62-14-

No child in India will be deprived of education because of hunger