Re: I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 23.03.2013 07:13, schrieb Gilboa Davara:
>> D. Take a second to consider the web-mail vs. locally installed client
>> split 10 years ago and today. 10 years ago, a vast majority of the
>> mail traffic was POP3 and IMAP, today the tides have turned, and the
>> most of the mail traffic is either business (Exchange, which again, is
>> slowly being phased out in-favor of outlook.com) or web-based
>
> no, the homeusers which does not archive their mails over years
> and are too stupid to type "[enter mailprogram} add new account"
> in the google searchbox and refuse to understand why incoming and
> outgoing mail is not the same are using only webmail
>
> the rest of the world is using in additionally for what it was
> made: a temporary solution and you can be pretty sure that the
> business users are the majority if you not only count blindly
> and instead take the amout of invested money in your bill

I'm not sure how your comment relates to my previous post - or why
should it matter.
In the end, the tides have turned, whether or not its a good, secure,
or even cost effective thing is completely irrelevant.

> the noobs are not the people who brought linux to where it s now
> and so it should not go in a direction what they believe is nice

Let me repeat myself, in-case you missed the 300 previous iterations:
In my view, the Fedora desktop should ignore the movement toward
Web-based cloud computing (Good or bad), and cater instead of the
millions that do require a full blown workstation.

- Gilboa