Re: Addressing convention -

On 09/01/13 19:03, Joe Zeff wrote:

You may need to check your filters in Thunderbird. If nothing else, telling it that anything addressed to this list is to be left in the Inbox might be a Good Idea unless you've reason to filter out specific users. Also, some judicious editing of /etc/hosts (or its equivalent on your daughter's Mac) can make the problematic domains unreachable for her by mapping them to 127.0.0.1. I'm not sure if that's what's needed, or it it's more heavy-handed than you want, but it is a possible solution.
--

       I do a lot of Thunderbird filtering, normally this list is
       filtered into the "Fedora" directory, sometimes it seems to pick

       I did not realize there was an /etc/hosts file in the Mac, had
       not considered that, just saw it while reading through the stuff
       George sent earlier. Still, I am not comfortable changing stuff
       in the Mac, don't even know what it has for a text editor
       although I'm sure I would find it quickly. But I'm afraid I can
       still get myself in a corner and not know how to fix what damage
       I might do.

       I would prefer to work on the router if possible. I would like
       to find the application that is causing the heavy usage and tell
       her to kill it, I tried to convince her to quit all the
       applications this morning but met with resistance, always
       worried she will lose data, "how will I restart them?" and I am
       no authority!

       Bob

--
       http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD