Re: Fedora support for laplets

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

On 11/12/2012 07:55 AM, Lailah wrote:

El dom, 11-11-2012 a las 11:53 -0500, Bill Davidsen escribió:
I see a lot of vendors are putting out hybrid tablet-laptops with a touch screen
which flips, and traditional keyboard, which can be used in a number of ways,
including as a tablet. Has anyone gotten experience with using Fedora on such a
machine, and if so how (if at all) was the touch feature supported?

I've seen reasonably nice units from Dell and Lenovo, but no nice salespeople
who would let me boot them from thumb drive.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx  <mailto:davidsen@xxxxxxx>>

Hello!

            I don't know if there's any kind of support for touchscreen.  My
experience in Fedora is with netbooks.  And you see, if you can install or at
least boot a Fedora, you will take care of battery consumption.  It is a
problem in my portable devices with Fedora. :-|

I don't understand your point here about battery.  Are you saying you put Fedora
on a netbook (over supplied Linux) that you get much shorter battery life?

I use to fiddle with fstab to stop a lot of background disk activity (right now
I forget the option, and can't find my notes on it).

Don't know about battery, I have no issues on my netbook, get eight hours.I used to do fiddling with write block size and such, helped so little with modern drives I ignore it.Might play with spin down time if I had a load which caused issues.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>