Re: And don't let the door hit you on the way out

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 6:41 AM, Ed Gurski <ed@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I too am an older person, retired for 5 years and have been using Fedora
from it's inception. I have several boxes running Fedora, one even
running VMWare Workstation with Windows 7 as a guest, without problems!

I'm glad it works for you.  It is unlikely it would work for me, and that's why I have focused on dom0 support.  VMWare Player under Windows actually does rather poorly over peripherals that are actually controlled by the host OS (in my case, it has been Windows) and that require real-time responsiveness.  Examples would be cameras and sound cards, which, in my case, also coordinate with Flash.  That means that I have to use those things for certain applications in the host OS, not a guest OS.  I am anticipating that I will be able to do that in Ubuntu but not in Fedora, and conversations in Ubuntu forums indicates that my exact hardware should work just fine.

Since you are an older person, like me, you have less time to put up with things you don't like, such as people who make posts that you find to be disagreeable.  You also have less time to do most anything else, so it might be a good idea to spend it on enterprises with a possible positive outcome.  Trying to influence me as you have would not be on such a list.

Robert Myers.