Re: Gnome-rdp (re-post)

On 07/02/2012 10:24 PM, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-07-02 at 22:04 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 07/02/2012 09:23 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>> Good luck....
>> Oh, one more thing.....
>>
>> I am sure this is not impressive.....  But, I'm located in Taiwan.  I have a vpn
>> account which places my system in Los Angles, CA.
>>
> You're right, that's not impressive. I'm based in Denver. I connect via
> vpn to systems in Bangalore, India (literally halfway around the globe
> from me) for work all the time. Distance and country doesn't impress me
> all that much, especially with connectivity available in today's
> networks. I also regularly travel those kinds of distances in my
> professional role.

Cute.....

Going to have a "I've been to more places than you have" contest?   :-)

I guess that means it is my turn to recount the adventures I had in India with
satellite links and trying to do LDAP directory replication to Kenya.  :-) :-)

> First, OpenVPN is different from vpnc. The only thing they have in
> common is that they are both essentially plugins for Network Manager. I
> wrote that there's an issue with vpnc.

No kidding.....  Of course they are "different".  I just thought I'd mention it since
I have it working locally as well as "remotely".

>> Oh, just to clarify, I said you had 2 issues.  DNS and RDP....I never suggested they
>> were linked.  Sorry if you misunderstood me.
> ...Except that your diagnosis was wrong from the start, and I didn't
> misunderstand you there. I wrote repeatedly that there was not a DNS
> issue here and was supplying relevant information to show it. I think it
> was you who misunderstood me. I mentioned I had two issues, but they are
> Network Manager / vpnc and RDP. I never wrote that I had an issue with
> DNS. You must have me confused with someone else (Lawrence, perhaps?)...

I didn't confuse you with Lawrence.   But since you seemed to be picking up where he
left off....

Maybe you have to fix his understanding of things.  :-)

> Glad rdp works for you. It doesn't on multiple systems over here,
> running both F16 and F17, with default configurations. I suppose that
> means you won't have anything to contribute to the BZ beyond "It works
> on my system", which is number 2 on the 10 most common things developers
> say when their software doesn't work. Number 1, but the way, is, "That's
> weird..."

Like I mentioned.....

Since it does work for me ... and I'm using F16 ... and it doesn't work for you ...
and you are using F16 ... you can try connecting to my Win2008 Server system to see
if the symptoms for you are the same.

I'm always happy to try and recreate the failure.  Just so happens I can't  at the
moment.  Post the bugzilla....  And try my system....  You may find something
interesting.

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage