Re: An apology is required from me

Not a reply to anyone in particular.  But I have to disagree with OP.  He did not need to apologize.  The feeling was like that he felt that something was just not right.  Now developers have their way of looking at things.

>From what I see, I felt the same way when KDE moved from 3.5.X to 4.0.X, and now 4.X.  The were destroying a great desktop which one grew to like.  Now KDE 4.X is a great desktop and has come along in many ways I like it more than what I did in the 4.0.X days in Fedora 9.  I remember having a comfort zone in GNOME 2.X and using it to get away from those bad times [with kde 4.x].

Now, with the Gnome 3.0.X experience many things changed, paradigm shifts.  Many folks had comfort zones with GNOME 2.3X and they changed everything.  We need to be patient and see that GNOME 3.X will come along and fix their mistakes and make it better and better much like KDE 4.X did.

As a matter of fact we can preview how GNOME 3.5.X will look like:

http://blogs.gnome.org/mclasen/2012/06/22/live-cds/

I did notice the changes, and I saw the missing/old functionality, but it is coming back and with time we can feel good about GNOME 3.X again.

I am a trouble-maker, a rebel and I see where many are coming from, and I agree with both sides :)  The users missing the functionality and the developers thoughts/ideas as to why they did what they did.  (they were most likely targetting tablets/small form gadgets like phones, etc), the traditional pc are different and accomodations are welcomed to treat the devices differences.

This is not a can we get along post or anything like it.  I have Fedora [machines with Gnome 3, XFCE, LXDE and had one with KDE but (hard drive has died and I need to replace it :( ]  I like each one for what they are and don't mind the differences that they have.

Best Regards,

Antonio