Re: Fedora 17

<snip>  My point is, and has been, the OP needs to take all the information taken in from
this list and elsewhere(?) and make the decision for himself.

You also have see/read all others have said.  You too can decide what to worry about
and what not to worry about.</snip>

Hey Woah up this is not the Caulfield cup where everyone tries to win,

When I asked about pro's and con's of moving to Fedora 17 from Fedora 16 I did not want to start yet another issue like the Gnome 3 discussion which was not, nor had ever been, in my list of concerns. I feel somewhat hijacked that it has been again raised.

I asked because there had been questions and discussions about many of the component parts of Fedora 17, printing problems, Nvidia problems, questions about ext3 vs ext4, networking, and many others.

Some general, encouraging discussion on the Nouveau video driver would be helpful. I find it works very well with Blender3d and video processing so have found no reason to revert back to Nvidia. No one has mentioned that, so far, Nouveau is great. I'm guessing that everyone else finds Nouveau functional so why discussion about trying to install Nvidia.

Please don't get into he said, she said, they said discussions, because I asked for advice based on the experiences of those who had gone to Fedora 17, it is not helpful.

Please remember, as someone on list once said to me, that this is a globally viewed list. People may be part of the list and considering moving to Fedora. As such can we please keep discussion to the positives and where to get assistance if needed, everything said on list is an advertisement for Fedora. List participants can make it good or bad advertising.

Thanks
Roger