BackupPC problems since upgrade to F17

I used preupgrade to move from F16 to F17.  The installation
hung up (installing Steel Bank Common Lisp; this
seems to be a problem other people have had, e.g.,
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=280318) but when I
restarted, it completed and seems to have been successful.  I did
have to add "namespace inbox {inbox = yes}" to my dovecot.conf to let
claws-mail get my e-mail, but otherwise things seem to mostly be working
fine.

But I'm having some problems with BackupPC.  I use this machine to
backup itself and a couple of other Fedora boxes (still at F16 and
F15) to an external USB disk that I mount under /scratch and then use
a symbolic link to /var/lib/BackupPC.  There were a few minor selinux
issues with contexts, which I seem to have fixed up with a couple of
restorecons.

However, the web interface doesn't seem to be able to get information
about the backups on the hosts.  So, for instance, it shows whether
any backups are running and some of the status information (like the
size of the pool file system), but it claims that none of the hosts
have any backups and it says the pool contains 0 files.  However, I was able
to use the web interface to initiate a full backup of one host and all the log
information indicates that completed successfully (with 847583 files,
117689557865 bytes, 0 xferErrs).  Moreover, although (after a restorecon
suggested by sealert), I can read the logs (e.g., /var/log/BackupPC/LOG and
the older ones) from the web interface, when I go to the page for a specific
host and try to read the LOG file for this host (by clicking in the panel in
the upper left), it tells me "Can't open log file". The backuppc user can
read the file, however.   (The overall LOG file is in /var/log/BackupPC; the
one for the particular host is in /var/lib/BackupPC/pc/<hostname>/.)

I'm not seeing any audit entries when this happens (and I've tried running
with selinux set to permissive and it doesn't make any difference).  The file
ownership and permissions (up to /var/lib/BackupPC) seem ok to me.  And
backups completed successfully the morning of the day I did the upgrade
(which I checked before doing the upgrade ;-) ).

The only things I'm seeing in the httpd logs are a lot of "Use of qw(...) as
parentheses is deprecated ...", which apparently is due to the BackupPC perl
code not having been updated to correspond to recent enough Perl version.
But from what I've been able to find, (a) this was happening with F16, and
(b) it's just a warning and shouldn't have anything to do with this
problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what else to look at to sort this out?
Given that it seems to have resulted from the upgrade to F17, I thought I'd
ask here first, before trying the BackupPC list, but I checked that and
don't see any reports of problems with F17.

Thanks,

  George