Re: Disk Druid and RAID 10 Partitions

Am 03.03.2012 14:11, schrieb Aero Maxx:
> Am confused as to what you mean, I'm just replying.

* look at the thread
* you got an answer BELOW your post
* your answer is on top

so who in the world should ever can read this thread?
on most mailing lists you should NOT top-post
it's ok if the whole thread is top-posting, but only then

> I've put /boot on a raid 1 partition.
>
> When installing the boot loader it gives you the option of master boot
> record or the raid device so naturally tried both, unsure why it gives
> you the option for raid device if this is wrong.

what fedora version are you trying to install?
F16 AFAIk has some troubles with RAID as said

i have no single expierience with F16 exepct that a RAID1/RAID10 setup
in a virtual machine was upgraded without problems but it is still
using GRUB and not GRUB2

> How do you install it manually?

in F15 "grub-install /dev/sdb; grub-install /dev/sdc; grub-install /dev/sdd"
but until now i saw no information what fedora version you try to install
this usually belongs in the initial-post because if i had guessed
from the very beginning you are using F16 i had not replied at all