rsync a cloned dual boot SSD drive for backup ? Catastrophic SSD future failure recovery ideas.

I recently suffered a surprise catastrophic failure of the SSD in my laptop.

As per this article, they seem to be bit hit and miss or as the
article puts it, they sometimes have an overwhelming Crazy/Hot ratio.
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2011/05/the-hot-crazy-solid-state-drive-scale/comments/page/1/#comments

Nevertheless, I feel like I'd like to try using the replacement SSD
that Intel is sending me.

Due to some decent planning and a bit of luck, I lost almost no data
(ie/home/me) when my SSD failed.  Everything else ((ie the OS) was a
loss though.

Reality is just beginning to set in as to how much work its going to
be to set up a new drive with all the applications and settings that I
used to have.  I want to avoid this effort should I ever experience a
drive failure again.

Due to the need to run 2 Windows only applications, I need to have a
dual boot setup.

For future SSD failures, what options do I have for setting up a
system that keeps a second, bootable copy of my SSD in sync with the
SSD ?  I don't mind losing a day or two's work.  But this business of
rebuilding the entire OS is painful.

What I am looking for is a system whereby I always have a cloned
version of the SSD ready to go should it fail.  It needs to handle
both the Windows and the Linux installs.

Would something like rsync work on a regular hard drive clone of the
SSD ?  Could rsync handle the Windows 7 partition ?

Thanks !