After a while, dolphin, konqueror (and other KDE apps) won't start...

Hello Everyone,
I am running KDE 4.7.3 on a fully updated fresh install (not an upgrade) of Fedora 16. If it is relevant, I am running an NVidia based video card with the default open source Nouveau driver. Also, the problem I am about to describe occurs when I am running a full KDE session, not when I am attempting to run KDE applications from GNOME or some other DE...

My problem is pretty simple: after being logged into a KDE session for a while, for reasons that I have not yet narrowed down, I am no longer able to start at least the following applications:
Dolphin
Konqueror
Kwrite
Kate
Ksysguard
(There may be others...)

Let's say I login to a fresh KDE session. All of the above listed applications start and function perfectly. Then, let's say I have closed all instances of the "offending" KDE applications. If I attempt to start one of them from KRunner, it just does not start. No error message, nothing to indicate WHY it did not start. If I try running one of the above listed applciations from a terminal to see any error messages that will be displayed, absolutely NOTHING is displayed on the terminal. For example, if Dolphin won't start, and I attempt to start it from a terminal, it will look exactly like this:
steve@localhost ~$ dolphin

No output whatsoever...

I think that I can start Konsole just fine when those other apps won't start. Next time this problem starts up, I will make sure. But I do |remember trying to start Dolphin from Konsole last night, with results like those shown above. So I'm pretty sure that Konsole is not affected by this.

Also, I THINK that this might be related: when I try to log out of KDE when this problem is occurring, it just silently fails. Translation, I attempt to log out (using "Kickoff Application Launcher | Leave | Log out" and nothing happens. So, I do "Ctrl | Alt | Backspace" (which does take me out of the KDE session and to the login screen) and attempt to log back in. The KDE splash screen comes up, but it seems to hang on the first icon (the one that looks like a harddrive/disc drive of some sort.) If I reboot, I can log into KDE perfectly.

So any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Steven P. Ulrick