Re: Screensaver takes too much time to fade-out...

On 12/15/2011 11:57 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
what you are trying to tell us here is simply impossible if you
are not so dumb and everytime you reinstall your computer restore
a compromised userhome with a autostart

There's another possibility. Back when I was working in tech support, I helped a very nice gentleman once, who was certain that his neighbors were packet-sniffing his dial-up account and that the building's manager was slipping in and messing up his connection's configuration. He also told me that he'd complained both to the local police and the FBI, but neither of them was willing to listen to him and he didn't understand why. I never even hinted at the possibility that he might be doing something himself to cause the trouble, but I had my suspicions. It's possible that the OP is doing something to cause her computer to go hinky, although I'd bet that she was only trying to protect herself and/or her data and if so, she might not realize what's going on.

BTW, in the case of that caller, I didn't suggest a tinfoil hat, although I thought about it. I kept my thoughts to myself in that case for two reasons: first, he was a nice guy, very polite and articulate, and I didn't want to take the chance of offending a customer and second, he sounded like the type of person who might actually take me seriously and I wouldn't want *that* on my conscience.