Re: windows migrant: choosing linux distribution

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 12:08 AM, Rick Stevens <ricks@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Keep in mind that Fedora is a "cutting edge" distribution.  It's
generally completely "updated" (replaced) every 6 months and old
versions are only supported for two updates, e.g. when Fedora 16
comes out, Fedora 14 will be obsoleted and orphaned (no updates).

If you want a relatively stable environment (and if you're just
learning, that might be a good idea), I'd go with Ubuntu, Debian or
CentOS (CentOS is built from the same source as Red Hat Enterprise
Linux).

If you're willing to bleed a bit, then yeah, Fedora is the way to
go.  As the old saying goes, "If you're not on the edge, you're taking
up too much space." (he says, with tongue planted firmly in cheek)

Yeah and for learning purposes I guess too this is well, as somebody points correct: I am going to stick with one particular distro for some time so that I can know what exactly is Linux.