Re: windows migrant: choosing linux distribution

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Tom Horsley <horsley1953@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> confused between: fedora, openSUSE and ubuntu LTS

There isn't a lot of difference from the learning standpoint,
but there are two main differences from an administration
standpoint: fedora and openSUSE and many others use
"rpm" packages and ubuntu and debian use "deb" packages
to install software.

There are various other administrative differences
such as networking being described differently on
fedora versus ubuntu, etc.

Well, I am looking for something in long terms, like the one with which I start, I should remain there. And it must be highly secured (though I know Linux is secured). But in future, I would learn the basics of administration too, so please guide me which is a better administration - rpm or deb?