Re: Ubuntu Was Re: Linux on ARM tablets?

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Red Hat is a SEC listed business whose
> primary job is making shareholders and customers happy by generating a regular profit.

Wow, IÂm sure nobody here knew that. *sarcasm*

In which way can porting Fedora/RH to run on tables contributes to
MAKING A LOSS or NOT generating a profit?.
In fact, having people talk about your brand/name creates mindshare,
and thus indirectly boosts sales.

The contrary is to have everyone talking about HPÂs WebOS and RIMÂs
Paybook OS based on QNX. So sinking Linux into irrelevance as far as
tablets are concerned helps Red Hat and its profits exactly HOW?.

> Fedora is whatever the community makes it - but if you want to make it something then you have to actually go *do* something rather than talk about how it should be done.

Look, this is a mailing list. I can talk about anything I want. In
fact, I can theorize and contribute my thoughts on what I _think_
Fedora and Red Hat could do do boost mind share. People *talking* and
telling others to *do instead of talk* do not contribute to the
debate. On the contrary, silences debate.

> The Debian ARM port to one of the older Android tablets was I believe a one person job, a one person *doing* not *talking* job.

I donÂt currently have time to code, however, nothing prevents someone
from picking the ideas discussed here and *doing*.

FC