Re: Internet traffic and Azureus -

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Andy Green wrote:

be released in this country movies, but then again, have you ever known
a criminal to admit what they are doing is wrong without being caught,
have you ever known a spamemr to think what he/she is doing is spamming,
its all denials, adn we see right through you :)

I googled on Australia civil criminal copyright and it seems your laws
are a mixture of civil and criminal liability as I expected, depending
on what the offense was.  There was a change in 2006 that criminalized
some specific stuff around software copying it seems, but the minor
noncommercial media copying law appears to remain a civil offense.

As one who deals with the Federal Police most often in supplying user details for investigation for prosecution on these matters I can assure you its more criminal :)

Even in Australia ;-) you might get into trouble calling people
"criminal" when nobody found them guilty and it would be a civil offense
anyway.

Actually, no, because I have the authority under the telecommunications act to monitor any data passing through my network, either at direction of a L.E.A, or because i "suspect" someone is up to no good, I can guaranteee you, the people that try to do 300G a month are all illegal p2p'rs, because they are the ones who cry the loudest when somthing does not work or its going "slow", I and any of my associates look and we can see what they are doing and know they are comitting offences, so we have the captured proof, and "truth" is an acceptable defence.

tier 1 extortionate interconnects, we can pay anywhere up to 30 times
what U.S ISPs do per data (they blame it on the loooooooonnnnggggg trans
pacific haul), so there will never be such a thing as true unlimited on
a survivable business model in this country :)
Certainly not in any forseeable future.

Seems we agree greed and bad service from the carriers is the problem.

Well we had to agree to somthing adventually :)
But I still dont beleive that gives the users the right to treat their conenction as a 1:1, they are in a shared pool, like all ISP's run, thats why many ISP's have business grades, which are in fact 1:1, and should be because they pay for it.

--

Cheers
Res