Re: Can fedora sparc be upgraded from 12 to 15 using preupgrade?

Thanks Dennis, yum doesn't work either, guess I'll have to wait.  I would keep using 12, but the pointer disappears and I get a bunch of lines on the screen when doing anything remote over X.  I don't have the same problem if I enable HWCursor, but I get a big white block instead of a cursor for the pointer.

-----Original Message-----
From: sparc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:sparc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dennis Gilmore
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:46 PM
To: sparc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Can fedora sparc be upgraded from 12 to 15 using preupgrade?

On Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:36:47 AM Cicone, Anthony wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I'm trying to upgrade Fedora Sparc 12 to 15 using preupgrade, but keep
> getting the following error?  I don't see a .treeinfo file in any of
> the paths?
>
> //ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/pub/fedora-secondary/development/15/sparc/o
> s//.t
> reeinfo Trying other mirror.
> http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora-secondary/development/15/sparc/os/
> /.tre
> einfo: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 :
> http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora-secondary/development/15/sparc/os/
> /.tr
> eeinfo Trying other mirror.
> http://archive.nl.eu.kernel.org/fedora-secondary/development/15/sparc/os//.
> treeinfo: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 :
> http://archive.nl.eu.kernel.org/fedora-secondary/development/15/sparc/
> os//
> .treeinfo Trying other mirror.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/preupgrade/preupgrade-cli.py", line 327, in <module>
>     pu.main(release)
>   File "/usr/share/preupgrade/preupgrade-cli.py", line 197, in main
>     self.retrieve_treeinfo()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/preupgrade/__init__.py", line
> 382, in retrieve_treeinfo tif = self.instrepo.grab.urlopen('/.treeinfo')
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/urlgrabber/mirror.py", line
> 413, in urlopen return self._mirror_try(func, url, kw)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/urlgrabber/mirror.py", line
> 386, in _mirror_try mirrorchoice = self._get_mirror(gr)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/urlgrabber/mirror.py", line
> 283, in _get_mirror raise URLGrabError(256, _('No more mirrors to
> try.'))
> urlgrabber.grabber.URLGrabError: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
>
> Thanks.

No it cant, for one we do not have f15 install trees that work correctly yet, for 2 anaconda doesnt support upgrading more than 2 releases. you will need to either use yum. or wait until we get a working install tree and install from scratch

Dennis

T. Rowe Price (including T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. and its affiliates) and its associates do not provide legal or tax advice.  Any tax-related discussion contained in this e-mail, including any attachments, is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding any tax penalties or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to any other party any transaction or matter addressed herein.  Please consult your independent legal counsel and/or professional tax advisor regarding any legal or tax issues raised in this e-mail.

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized use, copying, disclosure, or distribution of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited by the sender and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.