Re: I'm starting up the security meetings again

Hi JT,

On Mon, May 09, 2022 at 09:00:00AM -0400, JT wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm sending this email to announce that I'm going to start up the weekly
> Security Meetings in the IRC/Matrix channel.  About two months ago I sent
> in an email to this mailing list and haven't heard any response and there
> hasn't been any meetings during that period.  That's ok.  It's an open
> source project and I know people get busy and priorities change from time
> to time.  I spoke with Matthew Miller and Ben Cotton about stepping up and
> doing what I can to get the team going again or at the least give it some
> sign of life until prior members or new members are able to dedicate time
> to it.

That's good news! I've started doing some security reviews for EPEL, so
this might be something I would like to get involved in, as time
permits.

> Here's my plan.  Currently the wiki states that the security meetings are
> on Thursday at 15 UTC in #fedora-meeting.  To avoid conflicts with other
> meetings I'm going to hold it at the same time, but within the
> #fedora-security channel until I can figure out a better time that won't
> conflict with other meetings and will also be time convenient for those in
> the US and Europe.  I may end up changing the time to immediately follow
> the PgM meetings on Wednesday since I'm around for those as well.   But
> initially it'll be the same time and date as its currently documented but
> in the security channel: #fedora-security:matrix.org

Unfortunately that's 8 AM here in Pacific Time - and I need to help out
with breakfast. I'll keep an eye on the meeting though, but might only
be intermittently present. If the turnout is good, perhaps use
WhenIsGood to find a new meeting time?

Best regards, and thanks for doing this,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
identities: https://keyoxide.org/5dce2e7e9c3b1cffd335c1d78b229d2f7ccc04f2