Re: Enforcing system crypto policies

On Thursday, 4 April 2019 23:06:07 CEST Frank Ueberschar wrote:
> Here
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/CryptoPolicies/
> is a proposal to use a specific cipher list string for
> SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list(): "PROFILE=SYSTEM".
>
> Especially this citation: "if that call is present and provided a fixed
> string which does not contain PSK or SRP, replace the string with
> "PROFILE=SYSTEM", or remove the call"
>
> We have to rely on PSK. What ist the reason behind the above advice?
>
> Thanks, Frank

more or less what David said. PSK and SRP are very specific use cases, ones
that don't work in open Internet and require close cooperation and
communication between server administrator and user. Crypto Policies target
common use cases with typical configurations (i.e. X.509 certificate
authentication).

--
Regards,
Hubert Kario