Re: More firewall request

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 1:46 AM, Andrew Walton
<andrewfixcomputer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please sort out this firewall issue, I'm sure that it won't just be my
> community that is grateful.

Why is it a firewall issue?

Try:
# gsettings set org.gnome.software download-updates false

As far as I know, PackageKit itself doesn't do scheduled downloads of
metadata or packages, but Gnome Software does. It's been raised a
number of times on desktop@ that there needs to be some way to not do
this so often, sense low bandwidth connections and not use them at all
(default to manual updates); but the problem is getting this work
done. I'd like to see a fairly seamless way for Fedora Server to slow
sync with mirrors and become a local mirror for Workstation in an
integrated fashion.

Anyway I think this belongs on desktop@ or devel@, but for either I
suggest a condensed version that's maybe 3 paragraphs, otherwise it's
not going to get read by most people.

--
Chris Murphy