Re: rngd read errors at boot time

Am 30.06.2015 um 03:30 schrieb Brandon Vincent (Student):
If you ask me, it looks like rngd is unable to find a hardware random number generator.

I don't see how this would impact system security if you don't have a HRNG.

The daemon should probably handle this in a more predictable fashion however

if you don't have *any* HRNG it would fail to start at all
just try to start it on a sandybrdige machine -> it will fail
try to start it on a ivybrdige machine and you only get the warnings