Re: About sshd(8) PermitRootLogin=no

> On Tuesday, 16 December 2014 10:57 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> The thing need to be done during install, my servers boot unattended.
>

> No the key-word here is "easily", which is misguided.
> It is not *easy* to have to jump through hoops to get a KVM/spice
> connection to log in through the console to then go and change an
> option.
>
> It is not easy and it is not automatable, so you break a ton of
> deployment/qa/automation scripts people rely on.

  Sure, I agree. I'm not sure how these VM images are created and deployed,
but there must be some way to handle such cases,

  ex -> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-November/204663.html

As said before, intention is not to break things too rough and bother users.
But to make things secure while keeping them usable. If they are not usable,
what good is that security?

---
Regards
   -Prasad