Re: RFC: Including Mozilla recommended cipher suites in mod_ssl conf file

On Thursday 04 December 2014 10:56:54 Eric H. Christensen wrote:
> The default settings for mod_ssl (for use in httpd) is:
>
> SSLCipherSuite HIGH:MEDIUM:!aNULL:!MD5
>
> This isn't a great default (for many reasons).

I'd say that making sure that
SSLCipherSuite DEFAULT
is secure would be better.

I've posted a suggestion to the openssl-dev list to change ordering and
ciphers present in DEFAULT (as well as in HIGH, MEDIUM, LOW) - the only voices
against were about removing RC4 ciphers from both DEFAULT and MEDIUM but given
that we soon will have a RFC that disallows RC4 that should be a bit easier to
push through (also, the RC4 use have fallen quite a bit since that time).

Unfortunately I don't have the time to work on code changes that this
requires.

For now the CryptoPolicy is better.

--
Regards,