TCP connections restricted to specific users

Suppose I have a cluster of machines, running an application. The application opens up TCP connections to other machines, without any form of authentication.

If nothing else is running on these machines, it is possible to use iptables, perhaps in combination with IPsec, to prevent misuse of these services.

If there are other services running the cluster nodes which are supposed to have different privileges, what are my options to preserve this distinction in privileges? If those other services can connect to the TCP port used by the clustered application, it's possible that the (supposedly unprivileged) service takes over the cluster. Would iptables owner match work here? Is there some way to pass on user information with IPsec?