Re: Fedora Security SIG Update

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 6:33 AM, Eric H. Christensen <sparks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Our secure coding mission is primarily educational. Writing software is really hard, writing secure software is even harder. There's no way any software will ever be written without bugs, but we can try to avoid some of the most common mistakes. Our first steps are to document the common causes for security vulnerabilities in software and provide information  on preventing these vulnerabilities from happening.

SAFECode has recently come out with a training initiative putting secure development material in the public domain: https://training.safecode.org/ - the courses come as templates that may be used/adapted to whatever needs.

There's some good content there - some generic, some Linux-specific -  and more coming out soon. They're open to requests and suggestions, perhaps the Fedora SIG would be interested in participating.

--izar