Re: Reading DRAM modules after loss of power

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 14:12 +0100, Lubomir Kundrak wrote:
> Is this a hoax?
> http://citp.princeton.edu/memory/exp/
>
> I thought there was a good reason for DRAM memory cells to be refreshed
> every 64ms. Anyone tried that?

The discharge curve of DRAM is logarithmic, not linear; it's still
possible to have enough charge for the discriminators to pick up even
after several minutes of discharge. So yes, this is entirely feasible.
And no, there's nothing we (Fedora) can do about it.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazqueznet@xxxxxxxxx>