[Scitech] Synergies when doing ports from Python2 to Python3

Hi,

in the Debian Med team (and also Debian Science) we are quite busy to
port software from Python2 to Python3 to save it from Python2 end of
life.  Usually we forward our patches upstream or work together with
upstream to do the port.  However, in case of unresponsive or known to
be dead upstream we are on our own.

I'd love to coordinate the porting work a bit.  All packages of the
Debian Med team can be found at

   https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/

and the patches dealing with Python3 ports in most cases are named
2to3.patch.  Since Debian packages are using quilt patches you can
usually find a patch in

   https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/ __PACKAGENAME__  /blob/master/debian/patches/2to3.patch

Please feel free to cherry pick from there.  We would be really
interested if you find issues in those patches - so please let us
know.  As usual you can find a human readable list of Debian Med
packages here:

   https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio      (Biology)
   https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio-dev  (Biology development)

In this field are the most packages we are talking about.

If you might know further interested parties to coordinate, we would
be happy to know.  If you could explain where to find possible patches
you might have developed for Fedora this would also be interesting to
know.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--