Re: *tap* *tap* Is this thing on?

Hi,

I haven't contributed to this SIG, but I have watched it for a while as I use Fedora on my main machine, but I use Ubuntu/ROS with my research.  In general it's hard to get groups of any kind of people to switch from Ubuntu to Fedora for ROS when there is a lot of additional setup and compilation.  Containers are a great way to introduce and show people what could be possible with Fedora.  Our robotics development environment is now completely embedded inside of a docker image.  This is great because we have a very complicated setup that takes time to install on individual developer machines.  It's also used for all of our CI-CD.  Also because everything is in a docker image I can run the docker image of Ubuntu+ROS on my fedora machine (including all GUI packages and hardware acceleration for our simulations).  It's even possible to run it on Windows now.  If there was a docker image of fedora+ROS I could relatively easily try to get our software framework running natively in Fedora.  I think it would also encourage more people to try out the spin.

Geoff